Wow, has it really been 2 years?? I kept meaning to post but life just got away from me. I'm sure you all know how that is. As I sit hear typing, I'm wondering if anyone is even going to see this except for me. So much going on in my head and wondering where to start! I'm feeling scattered, which is probably no surprise for those of you who know me. :)
Today has been kind of a quiet one. Just me and Grayson hanging out in the dining room. I'm at the desk and he's playing with his cars and our dog Maggie. I'm looking out the back window at my yard, my garden, and the awesome tree house my husband built last summer. He wants to add another level about 7 feet up above the main level and my oldest boys are ecstatic at the idea! It will be about 20 off the ground at the highest level. Looking down it seems quite high already! He tells me it would be a great idea because then he would be able to reach even higher to prune the tree. He got me on that one!! ;) I'm pretty excited about the idea of not having to pay someone to come clip our giant tree that grows like it's on steroids! We clip one branch and 10 grow in it's place. It's crazy!
All the kids are in school except our G-man this year. Thunder is in 10th grade, Lil Buddah 8th grade, Spunky 6th grade, and Dash is in 3rd grade. I miss them but it's nice to get back into a routine and on a regular schedule. However, I do wish that they got out of school earlier. With their amount of homework, dinnertime, and chores, there's just not enough time. Not to mention church activities, scouts, piano and dance for Spunky, and work or family obligations--we are just out of time! I feel more and more behind every day that they are in school. I always say that it would be nice if I could duplicate myself some days and it really would be. :) I don't even have time to exercise everyday. I do try and most days I get physical activity in, but not like I would like. And I know if my home was about double the size that it is, I would have room for everything and life could feel more organized, therefore leaving me more time for taking care of me. I don't want to regret not spending time with my G-man so I know first things first. I feel guilty doing anything when he's awake because I want to make the most of the time I have with him. Life is just too short!
I remember when I was little and each year seemed to go by so slowly. I couldn't wait for my next birthday and it just felt like it would never come. Then I got married and life hasn't slowed down. I keep wishing the days would go by slower so that I could really enjoy these precious little people under my roof. I love being a mom more than anything I've ever done. Yes, I have rough days. I have times when I think I'm going to go crazy but if I had the choice of doing it all over again, I'd pick the same thing--to be a mother to these absolutely amazing children. And I'd always pick the man I chose---he is my amazing other half. I couldn't do it without him. Life is sweeter with those you love by your side. Feeling very blessed!
Tuesday, August 20, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment