Friday, October 23, 2009

Another update!!

Good morning all! I was up until 2 am last night so if I don't make sense just chock it up to the fact that I am a little sleep deprived and pregnant...not a good combo!! ;) I was making cakes for the kids school carnival. We had a deal that if they went straight to bed as soon as we got home after running errands last night, that I would wake them to help me with their cake. So, I woke Spunky around 10:30 to help put the spiders on her cake. In between this I had 2 more cakes in the oven cooking so I watched 2 episodes of Heroes to pass the time...I then woke the boys up at 12 am so they could help me with their cakes. It was so much fun!! Today I am making goodies for the carnival bake sale. I love baking! ;) Although, I love giving it away even more!! :)
I am posting some pics of the cakes we made and then I have a picture of me from this morning that my 5 year old took of me! Here you go Aimee!! I am 5 months and 23 days along today or 25 1/2 weeks or I like this even better...I am one week shy of 6 months!! ;) I feel HUGE and I like to feel farther along because everyone seems to think I am 8 months plus!! ARGH!! I sometimes wish people would keep those comments to themselves. It's fine if I say that I feel huge and that it's because it's baby #5 and I know they are thinking the same thing but I don't want to hear them say it! Oh well, people will say what they think I suppose. I sometimes have the "foot-in-mouth" problem too, so I shouldn't be too hard on them. ;)
Here are the pics, all from this morning! Enjoy!!

6 comments:

David and Jana said...

Shayna- Those cakes are soooo cute! Way to go. I also think you look great by the way. I know what you mean that people need to keep their comments to themselves. I also get HUGE when I am pregnant, but what can you do. I guess enjoy it because this stage in our lives doesn't last. Right?

Unknown said...

Shayna,
I love the cakes. They are really well done. I couldn't do that if I wanted too. Great job!

Staci said...

Wow thats some serious talent you got goin awesome...and by the way i think you look awesome !

Aimee & Brennen Fuller said...

So many things to say: #1 Your kids are beautiful and still totally adorable. #2 Your cake decorating skills are amazing! I never knew However I'm not surprised by your awesome skills. You just seem to have that knack. :) #3 You look GREAT! How could they even think 8 months!? Some people... #4 Thanks for being so prompt in the pictures!

Nic said...

You are so talented! Cute belly!

Jordan and Heather Hart said...

Hey!!!! I am so glad you found my blog. I apologize in advance, but I am not so great at keeping up on it. I was told I'd do better once the baby comes- we shall see. :)
First things first- CONGRATULATIONS on baby #5. That is really awesome! Poor Aileigh- I bet she wants a sister so bad, but at least you're going to try for baby #6. You are a really good mom. We miss her as well. She was always so good in class. We just got a calling in our new ward- we'll teach the 14 and 15 yr. old sunday school class. I'm not sure how to teach older kids. ha ha.
Anyway, you are absolutely adorable pregnant! I agree with people making comments. it's not like we feel so great gaining weight, retaining water, etc. The comments make it worse- usually...
Also, those cakes look both delicious and awesome. I wish I could bake that well. :)