Thursday, August 6, 2009

More news!!

I am so excited and nervous at the same time about our latest news! DS was hired as an adjunct teacher at the college to teach the 2010 Sophomore Composition class! It isn't a permanent position...more of an "as needed" from semester to semester or if he wants to stay on they will keep him for sure. They really wanted him to teach 2 courses, but he told them he would get his feet wet with one for now. I know he will do an awesome job, but it will be another huge time commitment!! Being a full time educator and Scoutmaster has been really busy for him this past year. I wonder sometimes how we can handle another thing on our plate, but I know we will be blessed.
School is starting next week and our little monkeys will be back in school. I am SO sad about this realization. I LOVE summers and being home with them!! I know many of my friends and even some family don't know why I feel this way because they can't wait to get rid of their kids. But, I really enjoy my time with them because I realize they grow up so quickly and these special times while they are young will be gone.
This summer was the first in years where DS took the summer off and didn't have a second job. We have had a most wonderful summer together! ;) Between scout camps, college classes, and family weddings it has been a busy one, but we have also made time for projects around the house and a lot of family fun with just our little family. Family time is the best!! :) I am so grateful for my husband and sweet little children and for the good times and memories we have made. There's nothing more rewarding than having a family to share in life with!!

4 comments:

Hopie said...

That's GREAT!!!! BTW, LOVE the background!!! Perfect!!!

Beth and Mark said...

So is he also teaching at his other job or is this his full time job? Just curious. I'm sad to see summer end too. Maybe that's another reason we are married to teacher's :) How's the pregnancy?

Smunkee Mama said...

Thanks Hope! :)

Bethany, the job at the college is a VERY part time job. It's just 4 hours one night a week (NOT including editing all the papers he will have since it's a composition class so he will be spending a few hours a week doing that.) Too bad the correcting of papers and the after hours stuff teachers do isn't really included in the pay! :) Oh well!! As for the pregnancy, I am slowly feeling better. I still feel yucky every day, but I have a few good moments which is great! I look forward to feeling good all day!! Not sure when that will be! ;) How are you guys doing? I still don't know exactly where you live!

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

YEA for You hubs! I am like your OTHER FRIENDS and FAMILY... I like the summer, but I'm ready for my kids to go to school! :)

But you are right, they grow up WAY to fast!